Whether it’s the wide expanse of the Romney Marsh, one of the district’s wonderful beaches, the warm charm of Hythe High Street, or the fizz of Folkestone’s creative spots – we all have our favourites.
We might be biased, but we think we’ve got it all round here!
We’d like to know where your favourite place is – so send us a photo, drawing or painting, and you could be in with a chance to win a high street shopping voucher worth £25.
It could be a project to keep the kids happy during the holidays, or maybe you’re an aspiring artist or photographer who’s already out there capturing the best and the beautiful.
A collection of the best entries will appear on our Folkestone and Hythe website, where we capture everything that’s best about our district.
Check out who’s living here, who’s working here – and the growth in our creative industries, where to visit, what to do,
and who’s investing in our future – and share your favourite place with others.
We have one prize of a £25 shopping voucher in each of four categories – ages 5-8, 9-11, 12-17, and 18 and over.
To enter, email your photo or a photo of your creation to email@example.com with FHE Competition in the subject line.
Don’t forget to include your name, address, phone number, and age if you’re under 18. Under 18s will need parent or
guardian approval to enter the competition.
Full terms and conditions can be found below.
We need your entries by 5pm on 31 August 2022 so don’t delay – get cracking and get creative!
‘Share your favourite place in the district’ competition prize draw terms and conditions
These terms and conditions govern the ‘Share your favourite place in the district’ competition 2022. The closing date for this competition is 5pm on 31 August 2022.
The competition organisers are Folkestone & Hythe District Council. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Folkestone & Hythe District Council.
Entrants shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. Folkestone & Hythe District Council reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
- Promoter: Folkestone & Hythe District Council, Civic Centre, Castle Hill Ave, Folkestone CT20 2QY.
- The competition (“The Competition”) is limited to one entry from each individual in the category they are eligible for based on their age; 5-8, 9-11, 12-17 or 18+. There will be one prize winner per category. Folkestone & Hythe District Council reserves the right to ask for proof of age of entrants to check they are eligible for the category they have entered.
- Employees of Folkestone & Hythe District Council or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
- The entry must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with FHE Competition in the subject line by 5pm on 31 August 2022. No other forms of entry will be accepted. Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file. Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other Folkestone & Hythe District Council competition. An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that the law has been breached or it has been taken in an irresponsible manner.
- The prize of a £25 shopping voucher is non-exchangeable, not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The winners will be picked by a judging panel and is final. Folkestone & Hythe District Council will not accept any appeals. A judging panel will choose winning submissions based on creativity, originality and how well the submission shows off the district. Judging will be undertaken by selected employees and members of Folkestone & Hythe District Council. Judges will choose winning submissions from each category. The winning submissions will be displayed in an online gallery. The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- The judging will be held on 16 September and Folkestone & Hythe District Council aims to contact the winners by Monday 19 September with full details about receiving their prize.
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by Folkestone & Hythe District Council.
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council will not accept any responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. Any entry that breaches these Terms will be voided. If a breach is discovered after the award of a prize the organisers may require the prize returned.
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the entrant as a result of entering The Competition or accepting the prize. Folkestone & Hythe District Council further disclaims liability of any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with The Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Folkestone & Hythe District Council for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Folkestone & Hythe District Council in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by English law and entrants to The Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering The Competition you warrant and agree that Folkestone & Hythe District Council shall have no liability in relation to the prize provided via third parties, for example, sponsors.
- By submitting images to ‘Share your favourite place in the district’ competition, each entrant confirms:
– they are the owner of their entry and that it is their original work
– they own the copyright rights of the image the submit
– Anyone pictured in the image has given their consent to be pictured (or the parent/guardian of any persons under 18 has given consent) or they have permission from the owner(s) of any objects or buildings in the image for the usage rights required Folkestone & Hythe District Council against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement
- By entering The Competition, you grant Folkestone & Hythe District Council a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. More specifically to use:
– To promote the district, including exhibiting the images in and around Kent
– On the FHExperience website, the Folkestone & Hythe District Council website, Folkestone & Hythe District Council and FHExperience social media channels.
– In the council magazine Your District Today
– In the press for the purposes of publicising the district and the competition
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any image published in any medium.
Entrants agree to take part in reasonable publicity if named a winner or commended. This includes use of your name and photograph in publicity, for example, the publication of your submission and name in Your District Today and on the council’s websites.